BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TFL crackdown on Advanced Stop Lines...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Bits and snips..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: TFL crackdown on Advanced Stop Lines... Reply with quote

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/60-fines-and-cctv-crackdown-on-drivers-who-stop-in-bike-boxes-at-lights-8635559.html

You have been warned.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any excuse to persecute the motorist/motorcyclists at the expense of a stupid hobby (cycling) that has no place on modern roads without specific purpose built lanes such as those seen in Holland (a very flat country).

On my lone rideout on Bank Holiday Monday I encountered suicidal cyclists riding two a breast on national speed limit country lanes - idiots with a death wish dressed up like they are on the Tour de France.

Incoming!!

I keep promising myself that I will set up my little used GoPro HD in my company Skoda and record the complete w%^kers that cycle in SW London. I will post the compilation on YouTube in the vain hope that the same authorities who take a special interest in motorcyclists riding like idiots on streaming media will see fit to do something about cyclists who ride equally dangerously with impunity.

End of rant

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
Tango
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjabob wrote:
Any excuse to persecute the motorist/motorcyclists at the expense of a stupid hobby (cycling) that has no place on modern roads without specific purpose built lanes such as those seen in Holland (a very flat country).

On my lone rideout on Bank Holiday Monday I encountered suicidal cyclists riding two a breast on national speed limit country lanes - idiots with a death wish dressed up like they are on the Tour de France.

Incoming!!

I keep promising myself that I will set up my little used GoPro HD in my company Skoda and record the complete w%^kers that cycle in SW London. I will post the compilation on YouTube in the vain hope that the same authorities who take a special interest in motorcyclists riding like idiots on streaming media will see fit to do something about cyclists who ride equally dangerously with impunity.

End of rant

And I particularly like the ones that ignore the purpose built cycle track, to cycle on the main road ... Rolling Eyes

Not to mention the perfect storm of cyclist, being followed by Chelsea tractor that cant pass when there's enough room to get a jumbo jet through Laughing
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yesterday the Rozzers were handing print outs of this flyer http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/roadusers/driver-cyclist-safety-tips-asl-flyer.pdf to motorists and motorcyclists on the A23 saying that from next week you'll be looking at 3 points and £60 if caught using the "bike box"

You have been warned (again). Think this is Met Police area only.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjabob wrote:

There were a load of them out on Sunday, encouraging equally idiotic motorists to cross solid whites on blind crests to pass them what a w***er

ninjabob wrote:

End of rant

GLWT... I am considering riding with a helmet cam for simlar reasons.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Bits and snips.. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: