BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Cheeky Charity Request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan955
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Another Cheeky Charity Request Reply with quote

On February the 13th last year I lost my dear wife of 30 years to breast cancer in the Princess Alice Hospice in Esher and as I am sure you are already aware, these facilities provide such care to end of life patients. The Hospice gave Amanda back her dignity and allowed her death to be as peaceful and tranquil as possible for her.

June 23rd this year I will be making a Tandem SkyDive and both of our children will also jump with me to raise money. Katie, who was only 17 when she lost her Mum and Adam (who was just short of his 15th birthday) both think that this is an important cause to support with this event.

I know that most of you will have a favourite charity that you give money to, but if you could make a small donation to this we would be most grateful.

The JustGiving web page that I have set up is at the following URL: http://www.justgiving.com/Hensby-Skydive

thankyou for your time and kind regards,
Alan
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Thumbs up

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be terrified to do that! Good luck and well done for trying to raise funds to help others x

Nuclear Red
Speedway Rider
Speedway Rider

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can imagine the ride up to 10,000 feet and the shuffle towards the open door must be scary.
Expect white knuckles and on the doorway as you are pushed out!!
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman 2 Thumbs up
KeepItSimple
Speedway Rider
Speedway Rider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wonderful thing to do. Very Happy

I live near Princess Alice Hospice and through my job, have taken several patients there to see out there days with dignity and in tranquil, caring surroundings. It is a wonderful place, the staff seem to go above and beyond to make sure the patients' wishes and needs are catered for.

In fact, a friend of mine in the Ambulance Service, was so impressed by the care which her elderly Grandmother received there, that she is retraining to become an End of Life Care Nurse, specifically so she can work for the Princess Alice Trust.

I would be happy to donate to this amazing place. Enjoy your skydive-it is an AMAZING experience!!Hair Raising

"Treat every stressful situation as if you were a dog: if you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away"

"Friendship is like peeing yourself...everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth it brings!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: