BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Watch this video, esp if you use Facebook etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Windy
Just call me Janice...
Just call me Janice...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Watch this video, esp if you use Facebook etc Reply with quote

Quite astonishing.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/F7pYHN9iC9I?wmode=opaque
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not astonishing at all - obvious really. Air your dirty washing in public and expect consequences.

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a viral link about the dangers of GPS tagging of photographs and the potential misuse of this personal data.

Example 1. You take a picture of your bike in your flimsy shed on your GPS enabled phone, you upload the pictures to a classifieds site. Because you are a penis you have GPS tagging enabled on your phone and this is stored in the EXIF data of the image. You have given a theif the location of your bike, he calls you anonymously and finds out that you are at work 9-5. Bingo... he knows your out and where your bike is, because you're selling it you're unlikely to be adding miles commuting on that one.

Example 2. You take a proud parent picture of your child in their school jumper with the logo on it. Because like the bike seller you are also a penis, you have GPS enabled on your camera and you post the picture to facebook and state the location as "home sweet home" giving your home address. You've also put the name of said child in the description, if you haven't then a friend will "that's a lovely picture of XXXXX". He knows your name as the parent, from the jumper knows what school they go to etc so could quite easily approach said child and say, "Hi am a Bert, I am a friend of your mum Jane. She's asked me to pick you up and take you home..."

I have had words (which fell on deaf ears) with friends and family about public posting of such things. I've objected to people "Checking me in" to places, especially if I am at home. My address is my business to give out or not thank you.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bumble
Drag Racer
Drag Racer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this gps tagging thingy, how can I no if its set up on my phone or not?

I just take a photo of whatever and post it up, no idea about settings and stuff!
kremmen
Trials Rider
Trials Rider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumble wrote:
this gps tagging thingy, how can I no if its set up on my phone or not?

I just take a photo of whatever and post it up, no idea about settings and stuff!

Just check the settings whilst in camera option on smartphone.

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: