BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hooky
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Thoughts..... Reply with quote

I bought a CB1300 at the begining of the year. We own a holiday cottage near Breacon and the plan was for my other half Jo to drive there and we use it as a base to tour Wales on the Bike. Also using the bike evenings and weekends. But..... My small gardening company has doubled over the last couple of years ive got more staff and spending more time in my office sorting out quotes and keeping my clients happy.

The Bike sits in the Garage gathering dust and not being used. So i have decided to sell it along with stacks of kit .Lids,Leathers,Boots,Glothes,Water Proofs and cleaning kits. Some of the Kit is brand new i bought a Shoei Quest lid and a pair of Sidi Boots with the Bike.
Im wondering if its best to sell everything individually or as a job lot with the Bike on Ebay.
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get better value from selling separately paul, but, you then have all those separate buyers to collect or post to

Good luck

Hooky
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point V. I cant be bothered with all the tyre kickers and negative feed back cos I didn't name all the tiny scratches that are on my lids ect and are obvious in the pictures. So its all going on one auction. I will get my Lad to put a link on here with loads of pictures as im usless with puters.

We are going on one more blast to Wales. I love the silence and no Interweb and phone signal. Leaving Favourite Dave incharge.
Hooky
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it.... Everything on Ebay. Would put a link on here but I don't know how to..!!!
Hooky
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a Buyer lined up in Germany which is not a problem as my last bike i sold to a dealer in Holland. All was going really well until i got this email and smelled a Rat.
The scam was he supposedly payed me via PayPal to ship the Bike and i pay £450 via Western Union to a so called Shipping Agent.
I recieved a fake Email from PayPal saing all the monies had gone in.
I dont think he thought i would check my PayPal account to check the balance...??

The Email i got from Martin The German .......
There is a little complication. I got a notification from the agent that they don't have an account with PayPal. They did make me understand that the only means of payment that they accept is western union transfer. They have as well insisted that before they can make arrangement for the pick up they will have to collect a commission fee of £450. I have tried to see if I could get this sent to them through western union's website but unfortunately I would be needing to use a Credit or Debit card which I didn't bring here.

More so, I will certainly not be able to go to a western union outlet here nor a post office -where I can equally get the money sent to them- because I am offshore.

Sequel to this, I will need you to help me with sending the commission fee of £450 to my agent through Western Union transfer.

To make it explicit enough, find below the analysis of the required money including all relevant charges.

Bike: 5000
Commission to Agent: 450
Western Union Charges: 30

Pay Pal Charges(3.4%) 186.32

Total: £5,666.32

In this light I have paid the sum of £5,666.32 as detailed above through PayPal. Here is the shipping agent details you will be needing for the Transfer.

First Name: Glennon
Last Name: Gerard
Address: 24 Newcastle Road
Lucan, Dublin
Republic of Ireland

You are to go to any post office around you to get the payment done asap. Do get back to me as soon as you are contacted by PayPal.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Cheers,

Martin
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scam alert! Report it

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CB1300 is nearly back on the road again... yay Smile

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: