BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could it be time
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Could it be time Reply with quote

to graciously pull the plug....... On crutches
Athos
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Could it be time Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:
b.b.but your to young slaps Very Happy on second thoughts Very Happy
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Could it be time Reply with quote

Athos wrote:
Carnage wrote:
b.b.but your to young slaps Very Happy on second thoughts Very Happy

Plug's and butts ............... Hair Raising
Monkey With a Machine Gun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's up to the man.
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well seeing as people seem to think that I am some kind of bully abusing my admin priviledges but they haven't got the balls to say it to my face.

Still maybe I am wrong to ever enter into a battle of wits with those only 50% equipped to reply Smile

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if this thread gets another 3 or so replies it'll be the most that's been posted for the past couple of weeks ( and that's adding it all together) and even then I bet its only the usual suspects.
cant blame the weather as its not been too bad lately or the economy as apparently that's been on the up too.
If the members are not interested I don't see why the owner should continue to shell out hard earnings to keep it going when im sure he has better things to spend his money on.

peace out
Loco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda like it, like this.. no back stabbing, no bitching, no whining, no knitting circle, c'mon and say what you like without someone crying into their cornflakes and bitching to the owner as the long redundant moderators have fecked off,

3 Things.

1st Biggus damn you think up a new name for me other than forum poo pusher or shit stabber or whatever the hell it is.

2 Remove the mod privileges from the now 'fecked off' mods

3 give said Mod permissions to me

I can and would drum up some new members (given the attendance of boxhill is still strong) however I would moderate more based on common sense , and am more likely to give a suspension to the un warranted moaner rather than the person accused of causing offence. GIVE ME POWER I AM THE LAW!!!!! Very Happy
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:
well if this thread gets another 3 or so replies it'll be the most that's been posted for the past couple of weeks ( and that's adding it all together) and even then I bet its only the usual suspects.
cant blame the weather as its not been too bad lately or the economy as apparently that's been on the up too.
If the members are not interested I don't see why the owner should continue to shell out hard earnings to keep it going when im sure he has better things to spend his money on.

peace out

I put in a lot of effort and expense behind the scenes only for spineless wanker keyboard warriors to slag me off and generally spread rumours, lies and hurtful stuff about me under the banner of criticising the forum what a w***er .

Instead of posting something meaningful and positive they live on their "past glories" and want to pop at me for their own reasons... not even forum related. But they are such cowardly turds that they won't say things to my face That's gay . They know who they are, and until they grow a pair my respect for any opinion they may have dwindles by the second.

Personally I've lost interest in "group rides" as such. I've got a lot going on in my personal life with impending chance of changing employment status meaning that I am clearing the decks so I can completely renovate my house in case it needs to be sold... it's been a bit like finding a rust spot on the wing of a car... tap tap tap... and all of a sudden you're left with a pile of brown dust where once there was a wing... nothing is ever simple (or cheap) hey?

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loco wrote:
I kinda like it, like this.. no back stabbing, no bitching, no whining, no knitting circle, c'mon and say what you like without someone crying into their cornflakes and bitching to the owner as the long redundant moderators have fecked off,

3 Things.

1st Biggus damn you think up a new name for me other than forum poo pusher or shit stabber or whatever the hell it is. if the cap fits

2 Remove the mod privileges from the now 'fecked off' mods agreed

3 give said Mod permissions to me rolling on the floor laughing rolling on the floor laughing rolling on the floor laughing rolling on the floor laughing rolling on the floor laughing

I can and would drum up some new members (given the attendance of boxhill is still strong) however I would moderate more based on common sense , and am more likely to give a suspension to the un warranted moaner rather than the person accused of causing offence. GIVE ME POWER I AM THE LAW!!!!! Very Happy

Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Carnage wrote:

peace out

I put in a lot of effort and expense behind the scenes only for spineless wanker keyboard warriors to slag me off and generally spread rumours, lies and hurtful stuff about me under the banner of criticising the forum what a w***er .

Instead of posting something meaningful and positive they live on their "past glories" and want to pop at me for their own reasons... not even forum related. But they are such cowardly turds that they won't say things to my face That's gay . They know who they are, and until they grow a pair my respect for any opinion they may have dwindles by the second.

well I certainly hope there's no inference that I have posted this as a dig at you in the guise of criticising the forum as it wasn't and im more than happy to meet face to face and repeat the following...BHF appears to be on its arse, you appear to be seeking funds ( as you have now sort of confirmed for renovation works) I was merely voicing what may or may not be already going through your head and that of others, the difference being ...I have actually said it publicly. that's all nothing more, nothing sinister just a noted fact.
Apologies should it have come across as anything else but as we all know the t'internet does remove the ability to physically see the posters sinceretiy.

peace out
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loco wrote:
1st Biggus damn you think up a new name for me other than forum poo pusher or shit stabber or whatever the hell it is.

Laughing I forgot about that? Smile

on my list to do as is happens

<monkey/machine gun> Wink

In seriousness, I have a A LOT of admin work to do to update the forum software to another platform as this one is seriously out of date. There's a whole heap of crap that goes with that to make things work properly as I am sure you can imagine.

I'd like to put the front pages on a CMS system such as maybe wordpress or similar so they are not a PITA to update...

We'll have a natter some time mate

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:
biggus wrote:
Carnage wrote:

peace out

well I certainly hope there's no inference that I have posted this as a dig at you in the guise of criticising the forum as it wasn't and im more than happy to meet face to face and repeat the following...BHF appears to be on its arse, you appear to be seeking funds ( as you have now sort of confirmed for renovation works) I was merely voicing what may or may not be already going through your head and that of others, the difference being ...I have actually said it publicly. that's all nothing more, nothing sinister just a noted fact.
Apologies should it have come across as anything else but as we all know the t'internet does remove the ability to physically see the posters sinceretiy.

peace out

No, nothing to do with you. Sorry if it came across that way

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up
Loco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Loco wrote:

Laughing I forgot about that? Smile

on my list to do as is happens

<monkey/machine gun> Wink

In seriousness, I have a A LOT of admin work to do to update the forum software to another platform as this one is seriously out of date. There's a whole heap of crap that goes with that to make things work properly as I am sure you can imagine.

I'd like to put the front pages on a CMS system such as maybe wordpress or similar so they are not a PITA to update...

We'll have a natter some time mate

Cool
But only if you change my name today.. to something else witty.. I quite like monkey with a machine gun!

I will be out and about a lot more as buying the super duke genuinely has re-invigorated my love of biking and I will happly bleat on to anyone about it Very Happy Wink
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Personally I've lost interest in "group rides" as such.

You little fibber you. NinjaBob, PanigaleDave and RaptorJim saw you leading a ride through Turners Hill only a few weeks ago! Wink

The forum has been VERY quiet of late. I am ever hopeful it reverts to the heady days of 2004. There was certainly some bitching and back stabbing then, but there was lots of good stuff too.

Biggus, I remember my first Boxhill rideout (one of my first ever rides of any description) when you led to some now forgotten destination, and you constantly checked if I was OK. That is the sort of thing a motorcycle forum should be about, riding a motorcycle and ejoying other peoples company.

If you do decide to pull the plug it will be a very sad day Crying or Very sad , but I would fully understand. Organising anything is a thankless task 90% of the time!

Oh my God! 14 replies to one post! Wahooo....
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimBo wrote:

I know...its all a blur...ive had to sit down in an effort to take it all on board when will this madness ever stop Laughing
Loco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell I even considered posting a Brighton cafe run from box this weekend....then I looked at the weather... Hahaha
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I for one owe a lot to this forum and the people on it. Like Jimbo, Biggus was leading the first ever ride out I went on after passing my test (The Unity Ride of 2008).

After another couple of Forum events i.e. Training days with a couple of forum members (who were also police riders) and a Boxhill Forum Bikesafe day I have to say I learned a lot - but not it all.

I agree with Loco that the forum mods should have been "replaced" a couple of years ago and now the cliques seem to have left altogether, its time to get the forum back on the up again.

Heres hoping it stays but I also agree with all that Loco and Carnage have said. Its a lot of hard work and expense for some with dam little appreciation of gratitude (Biggus to mention but one)

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimBo wrote:
biggus wrote:
Personally I've lost interest in "group rides" as such.

You little fibber you. NinjaBob, PanigaleDave and RaptorJim saw you leading a ride through Turners Hill only a few weeks ago! Wink

Not me Embarrassed rumbled. That was a "social" ride for SERV (another thankless task... trying to get some ostensibly anti social buggers to get together once a month for a ride out and shit food - that said those who have been on them were wowed at some of the routes - some I've learned from you Brown noser ). Once various things have calmed down I might regain interest in ride outs.

JimBo wrote:
The forum has been VERY quiet of late. I am ever hopeful it reverts to the heady days of 2004. There was certainly some bitching and back stabbing then, but there was lots of good stuff too.

ahhhh wistful....

JimBo wrote:
Biggus, I remember my first Boxhill rideout (one of my first ever rides of any description) when you led to some now forgotten destination, and you constantly checked if I was OK. That is the sort of thing a motorcycle forum should be about, riding a motorcycle and ejoying other peoples company.

We met near mine and then met Big Al on "Marmite" his XJR1300 at Burgess Hill services I think & then went to the Roedean café (I still have my memory Jim Wink Smile ). Or perhaps you made an impression on me Smile

JimBo wrote:
If you do decide to pull the plug it will be a very sad day Crying or Very sad , but I would fully understand. Organising anything is a thankless task 90% of the time!

JimBo wrote:

Shocked

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will come back - anyway who cares if it is quiet as long as the people who are using it are enthusiastic bikers and enjoy exchanging biking anacdotes, links,mechanical skills, routes, trip reports, offers etc.etc.

TBH in all the time I have been here it has been the rideouts, motorcycle related content, bike classifieds that have been my focal point - coffee mornings, cheese & wine evenings, birthdays, weddings, pub meets 10miles down the road etc. etc. have no interest for me. If you want to ride down to Brighton from Boxhill to have Fish & Chips - now you're talking.

I still go on a ZX9 specific website that I joined at the same time (2004) as this one - there are very few active members because the bike is now been out of production for a good while but the banter from those few more than makes up for that.

I have dabbled in Facebook and to me its just a lot of people who think their lives are interesting to others - reality TV Show generation - generally there lives are pretty boring - especially to read about.

It has been very quiet generally on all the bike forums vis a vis rideouts this summer despite the weather being good - money is tight - fuel is expensive - people tighten their belts.

As long as the Boss is enjoying the craic and keeps the forum running then I will keep attending.

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
Loco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! Cheers Biggus, Profile updated to reflect the changes Wink
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loco wrote:

ahhh the proverbial baboon with a BB gun Laughing
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loco wrote:

Laughing
Athos
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i vote for loco the new masticator Very Happy praps he will let me ride his ducati Wheelie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athos wrote:
i vote for loco the new masticator Very Happy praps he will let me ride his ducati Wheelie

the superduke is ktm china, you can ave a go anytime as long as bonnie don't mind Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: