BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello again!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharky
TT Racer
TT Racer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Hello again!! Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I'd like to think that some of you may have noticed that i haven't been around much (Or at all) this year.... but if you didn't... I'm back anyway!!
Been a lot going on this year - moved house, got married Under the thumb , got side shifted into a very time consuming jobrole etc!

Another factor has been the bike... For those of you that remember, i was thrilled to bits with the purchase of my boyhood dream R1.... but the reality of owning this bike took its toll. Whether it was the harsh riding position, aggressive throttle, fuel consumtion... I can't say but for some reason i just didn't feel the bug, or the need to get out and ride every spare second like i did with the CBR.

Soooo...... Pick up this bad boy next week Very Happy

[img][/img]

2008 FZ1 Fazer, R1 derived engine, all-beit de-tuned with different gearing, with ABS brakes, heated grips and gel seat (I'm looking forward to that last one after the R1!!)

I'm hoping it will suit my riding style better - I'm never gonna be a balls out racer so the superbike i was posing on was never gonna be used the way it was designed to be while i'm sat on it. At least with the 1000cc Fazer i will still have more than enough power and low end torque to put a smile on my face without feeling like i need to replace my wrists and lower back after 20 minutes or so!

Looking forward to getting out and meeting up with you lot again... Bring on the ride outs Kneedown Mexican wave Twisted Evil

Hope everyone's ok, and i'll see ya soon!
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Sharky. A few others are popping in lately too, so there's life here yet! Very Happy

Nice bike. I'm out of action for a while, but I'll organise a JimBo run soon (I hope).
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, welcome back matey....been too long. Pity the R1 didn't work out for you. Sad
Going to sort a ride down to Shoreham or Roedean soon, so keep your eyes on the events section. Very Happy
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niçe looking tool ya got there ...all except that darn ugly can ...please say you have spent the extra bucks for a replacement?
Sharky
TT Racer
TT Racer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:
Niçe looking tool ya got there ...all except that darn ugly can ...please say you have spent the extra bucks for a replacement?

Laughing not yet... In enough trouble with swmbo for buying a new bike when we need a new blind, roof and gutter repairs etc etc... But you can get carbon effect replacements for the silver heat shield and end bit so that should take the sting out of it for now!
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharky wrote:
Carnage wrote:

Laughing not yet... In enough trouble with swmbo for buying a new bike when we need a new blind, roof and gutter repairs etc etc... But you can get carbon effect replacements for the silver heat shield and end bit so that should take the sting out of it for now!

don't bother with the carbon stuff ...put the cash to one side ( secretly of course ) and add to it bit by bit and then buy the exhaust and tell swmbo its was from a big tip by a client.
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Sharky.

Nice bike Wheelie Smile

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun
Monkey With a Machine Gun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back, I had the same problem, just never gelled with the 06 GSXR much happier now with my super duke, I actually want to go riding on it.. for no reason! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: