BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gatwick Airport (South Terminal)

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Flintstone
Del Boy Deer Hunter
Del Boy Deer Hunter


Joined: 25 Nov 2004
Posts: 3988
Location: .........in another world !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Gatwick Airport (South Terminal) Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I went up to the airport on my scooter. I looked up parking on the web and most said to go to car park 2, take a ticket and use the bike bays provided. On leaving go to the ticket office and get the ticket zeroed. Well I took a ticket at the entrance to the car parks, but saw bikes parked under the up and down ramps for car park 1, so I did the same. On leaving I went into the ticket office and asked the young lady to zero the ticket. She said "Don't bother, just throw it away, and just ride through the exit with the shortened barrier !" This has enough room for a bike with full luggage. Great free parking for a holiday ! Cool
_________________
It's all down to quality of life !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done that before Very Happy handy!
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun
Monkey With a Machine Gun


Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 2645
Location: Lost in Space

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tip thanks ! Very Happy
_________________
The Resident Forum Ghost
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Flintstone
Del Boy Deer Hunter
Del Boy Deer Hunter


Joined: 25 Nov 2004
Posts: 3988
Location: .........in another world !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back up there again today, pleased with the ramp cover as it kept everything dry ! Smile
_________________
It's all down to quality of life !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group