BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HG go into administration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: HG go into administration Reply with quote

As of 09.30 this morning Hien Gerick is now in the hands of the administrators who have seized all property within the stores.
The Buyer who strpped in earlier this year has pulled out leaving the chain trading at a loss hence admin being called in. Rumour has it another buyer is in the pipeline.
Staff were not informed and had no idea until admin walked into the stores at 0930 staff have also not been paid since november.
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad R.I.P.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
acid drop
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that all things like this happen around Christmas ,I feel for the staff.
Hooky
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sad news Ive had loads of Hien Gerick kit over the years. Such bad news for all their staff just before Christmas.
Bacon
bacon© Lil Mush
bacon© Lil Mush

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is proper shite for the staff, personally I think they should be paid first Sad

WooHoo, feck you job centre...I'm offski?

"One man can't make a riot, a one man riot is a tantrum"!

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From J&S Accessories Facebook page:

"J&S Accessories Ltd are pleased to announce that we have acquired 12 Hein Gericke sites. These will be launched as J&S Accessories stores from January. The sites are as follows: Aberdeen, Braintree, Farnborough, Gants Hill, Glasgow, Hanger Lane, Leeds, Leicester, Maidstone, Oxford, Preston and Stockwell. All details of the store openings will be up on our website/social media as soon as we have confirmed dates."

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

various outlets have kindly stepped up and stated they will honour any HG gift card including js accessories ( al;though JS appear to offer the worst deal.
2 other i know of are
Bowens in chatham
Groombridges in tunbridge
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:
various outlets have kindly stepped up and stated they will honour any HG gift card including js accessories ( al;though JS appear to offer the worst deal.
2 other i know of are
Bowens in chatham
Groombridges in tunbridge

Groombridges offer:
http://boxhill.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27490

The "offers" are indicative of the struggles all retailers are having... everyone wants the loyal HG customers to become their loyal customers... J&S have taken by far the biggest gamble by taking on all those premises, I hope they can make it work.

HG lost their way a little. Their kit was still usually good quality and value but they lost some key brands like Kriega and Ventura when they got in bed with Oxford for luggage. I'm reading between the lines but I suspect that Oxford helped them out in a previous struggle with an exclusivity clause. I may be wrong of course. ...

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:

HG lost their way a little. Their kit was still usually good quality and value but they lost some key brands like Kriega and Ventura when they got in bed with Oxford for luggage. I'm reading between the lines but I suspect that Oxford helped them out in a previous struggle with an exclusivity clause. I may be wrong of course. ...

cant argue with that mate sounds about right
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://britishdealernews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/news-chinese-investors-buy-hein-gericke.html

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: