BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honda H.I.S.S.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flintstone
Del Boy Deer Hunter
Del Boy Deer Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Honda H.I.S.S. Reply with quote

Snapped one of my (chipped) keys so wanted to replace it. I happened to be on regent street london and popped in the timpson branch and the guy behind the counter said that he didn't have one in stock but is about to order a few as people keep asking for them. Looked online and a locksmith in horsham said he could do one, but after a few emails everything went quiet. I went into a local key cutting place and they cut me a couple of non-chipped keys and said there was a timpson branch round the corner. I went in and a key was ordered, and was told to take the scooter in a week later to cut and programme the key and pay £50. I went in a week (did not ride scooter) later just to ask if the key was there, the guy said it was, so I said I would be back two days later. I went back with the scooter but it was a different guy in the shop and said the key wasn't there and he could not even get one. Looked online again, but saw advice not to have key programmed by timpson as it would be a clone and not a proper version. If I could find a chipped blank I could have it cut and programme it myself from the bike (utube vid), some locksmiths partially programme them on the bike and the rest is done in the shop, are these keys the same ?
For now I have cut the broken key down and fixed it to a plain key which does the job, just doesn't look so nice. These keys operate the catch for the seat and topbox lock so would eventually break anyway. May have to bite the bullet and go to a dealer. Sad
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun
Monkey With a Machine Gun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of any issues with timson..the only issues I have are the prices there not that far off the stealers if it was me I'd go for main dealer at least you have some comeback if it fails..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: