BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New (to me) bike...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: New (to me) bike... Reply with quote

Just bought myself a 2013 Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere. What a cracking bike! I tested the competition (GS/Explorer/KTM) and the Super Ten. It's the only one I've sat on and felt I could just get on and ride around the world no matter what got in the way. This one came up at a sensible price with under 3k miles on and in the best colour (Blue).

I wasn't fussed for having the latest model with electronically adjustable suspension - the vast majority of my miles will be solo on blacktop.

The current boots are Metzeller Tourance, which I'll keep on for now and see how they fair on a weekend trip to La France at the end of the month... I expect I'll swap to PR4's for my Portugal trip in June though.

I really didn't think a big trailie would be my bag... but I'm loving it so far.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Thumbs up
Enjoy!
happy biker
1stGarry
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many cool bikes out there, so little time.....!
Glad you found a good'un. Have fun Smile
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimBo wrote:
2 Thumbs up
Enjoy!
happy biker

2 Thumbs up

1stGarry wrote:
So many cool bikes out there, so little time.....!

and so little money!

1stGarry wrote:
Glad you found a good'un. Have fun Smile

Just back from a long weekend in the Ardennes, really enjoying the bike, the only slight fly in the ointment is that the Metzeler Tourance aren't so confidence inspiring in the wet, which was a bit of a bummer with the biblical rain on b/h Monday... the emergency 10L of fuel I was carrying around in the top box probably did little to improve the handling mind you!

Overall I'm very pleased with it. It's not quite the latest spec with electronic do-dahs on the suspension and all that jazz... but it was about £7k cheaper... it's like a run in new bike that happens to be 3 years old.

I put a new battery on it soon after getting the bike because despite being on an opitimate for the nigh on 2 years of being laid up batteries like to be exercised. And the last thing I wanted for the sake of £60 was to be stuck in the arse end of nowhere with a duff battery.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Matty
Cant keep it up!
Cant keep it up!

Location: Peacehaven, somewhere between the mad house and my bike!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grats! Very Happy

It's a cracking bike, by all accounts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Biking All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: