BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So whats made you smile today??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 1521, 1522, 1523  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok got to use the ZZR for a meeting in london yesterday and also for a mercy mission to a mate in camber last night ...a few niggles to sort ...tick over is a little ropey so a tweak of the idle mixture required, the headlight is well .....ive had better torches ...new upgraded lamps on order anyway and may require a bit of adjustment to the beam, throttlew cables require tweaking to remove a bit of excess slack ( probably introduced by me when fettling) and finally i need to search out an iffy connection to the rear end lights as on our way home at 1am this morning i got a tug from mr plod on the M20....thought he wanted a word about my progressive pace....turns out he could barely see me as the lights had gone out.....turned the ignition off and back on and hey presto i had rear lights....hmmm....reckon the level crossings on the way to camber may have shook something loose. but all in all....she is a missile ...twist the throttle and BOOM....HEY ....who stole yesterday?

edit: oh and i hate the Dunlops that are fitted to her...but will suffer them until she needs re booting.
Loco
Monkey With a Machine Gun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:
Ok got to use the ZZR for a meeting in london yesterday and also for a mercy mission to a mate in camber last night ...a few niggles to sort ...tick over is a little ropey so a tweak of the idle mixture required, the headlight is well .....ive had better torches ...new upgraded lamps on order anyway and may require a bit of adjustment to the beam, throttlew cables require tweaking to remove a bit of excess slack ( probably introduced by me when fettling) and finally i need to search out an iffy connection to the rear end lights as on our way home at 1am this morning i got a tug from mr plod on the M20....thought he wanted a word about my progressive pace....turns out he could barely see me as the lights had gone out.....turned the ignition off and back on and hey presto i had rear lights....hmmm....reckon the level crossings on the way to camber may have shook something loose. but all in all....she is a missile ...twist the throttle and BOOM....HEY ....who stole yesterday?

edit: oh and i hate the Dunlops that are fitted to her...but will suffer them until she needs re booting.

I had a feeling you would like her Wink
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loco wrote:
Carnage wrote:

i certainly like the warp factor she delivers but as with all things there seems to be a price to pay ...she wont win any cornering awards compared to the aprilia, oh and another slight downside ...some twat polished the rims so the McGuires NXT has had to come out of retirement ( no not this twat ...some other twat) ...still got things to do like strip the front suspension and replace oil as that seems somewhat euuurgh and then once ive gotten over removing the fuel tank a zillion times sorting the fuelling ill do it again to access the rear shock which seems harder than a virgins stiffy in the front row of a strip club, different tyres and once thems done ill look at getting her set up properly and then she may corner a bit better
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:
still got things to do like strip the front suspension and replace oil as that seems somewhat euuurgh

Let me know when you want to test it out Pete! Wink
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimBo wrote:
Carnage wrote:
still got things to do like strip the front suspension and replace oil as that seems somewhat euuurgh

Let me know when you want to test it out Pete! Wink

you got that starter problem sorted yet?
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:

Haven't even had a chance to go and try to start her up since Boxhill! Embarrassed
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:
Loco wrote:
Carnage wrote:

i certainly like the warp factor she delivers but as with all things there seems to be a price to pay ...she wont win any cornering awards compared to the aprilia, oh and another slight downside ...some twat polished the rims so the McGuires NXT has had to come out of retirement ( no not this twat ...some other twat) ...still got things to do like strip the front suspension and replace oil as that seems somewhat euuurgh and then once ive gotten over removing the fuel tank a zillion times sorting the fuelling ill do it again to access the rear shock which seems harder than a virgins stiffy in the front row of a strip club, different tyres and once thems done ill look at getting her set up properly and then she may corner a bit better

Well to move forward i spent the best part of saturday breaking down the rear of the bike to access the rear shock and eventually had to admit defeat and remove it from the bike in order to use a set of 24inch stiltsons to free off the pre load lock ring and adjuster, once done they were wound back and forth until moving freely, the rest was cleaned up and the preload set at around factory plus a few turns more to compensate for pillion riding, rebound was also set at just above factory standards at 3 clicks all reassembled and Sunday saw the front end disassembled to work out kawasakis obscure damping settings, it turns out 1-4 clicks in a clockwise direction go past 4 and it reverts back to 1...duh ok. opened the forks and removed what looked like reasonable fork oil albeit seeming a little short on the levels, so out it came and in with nice new 15w oil, book states 10w 20w ???? eh..apparently these are for temp differences depending on ones location...so went with 15w lol.....all reassembled and preload set at 2 rings over factory solo rider settings and preload for 1 click over on the rebound, a quick ride gave fairly good feedback and improvement over what it was but tyres still a factor to be dealt with.throttle cables now adjusted for a smoother input and idle mixture tweeked to improve tick over stability, may need to go back a tad as now have a slight flat spot on low revs, ( bloody carbs ...every adjustment means a strip down and carbs away from intakes to access the bloody idle screws , kawasaki really outdone themselves when designing this bike, fancy putting a mainframe strut right across the bottom of the carbs. anyway new 90/100w bright white xenon lamps fitted which has more than sorted the headlight issue, no sign of any faults on the rear light still though. Also managed to adapt with the aid of some steel conduit and my trusty mig welder, the old rentec rack i had for the bandit, looking at pics on interweb the zzr version is very similar to what i have produced except their tubing is smaller this allows for when we go away on longer trips to fit a back box if required but when not on the bike the rack is not too intrusive. next project...front and rear brakes...fluid change.
Loco

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muhahahahaha It SHALL NEVER END! Laughing Laughing
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:

I cannot replicate the problem! I took the throttle grip apart and gave the starter button a dismantle, clean and lubricate and it seems to be OK.
Only time will tell though. At least I know how to get her started if not Wink
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Bikesafe on Saturday. Kneedown

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
not sure wots going on with the new photo but your looking like something out of Bronski Beat.....please dont say youve taken to batting for the other team mate? Laughing
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:
biggus wrote:
not sure wots going on with the new photo but your looking like something out of Bronski Beat.....please dont say youve taken to batting for the other team mate? Laughing

As PJ DJ said... "Those are maggots you're eating Michael..."

And no I am not That's gay but you'll be the first to know if I am Laughing

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:

Hair Raising i not sure if i should be flattered you think of me in that way or scared of the fact ill be your first port of call
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:
biggus wrote:

Hair Raising i not sure if i should be flattered you think of me in that way or scared of the fact ill be your first port of call

Your ship may be coming in!!

Another great Jimbo Wednesday Evening Extravaganza!

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjabob wrote:
Carnage wrote:
biggus wrote:

Your ship may be coming in!!

rolling on the floor laughing hello sailor... Shocked

ninjabob wrote:
Another great Jimbo Wednesday Evening Extravaganza!

Really must get out on another one. Been far too long.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waki bike taxed and mot'd today Very Happy So ready to ride.
NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great day for riding...225 miles all in Smile

Met a mate who lives near me...Sidcup to Rye, Rye to Boxhill, Boxhill to Wessons, Wessons back to Sidcup.....

The TomTom windy road function found some fantastic roads today.....Both my mate Dave and me were commenting that they were up there with French roads today we normally ride together.

Great ride....

What have you guys been up to?
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAPA121 wrote:

Oh you know me....single lanes covered in gravel in the middle of nowhere ! Loco would have loved it...NOT Wink
Loco

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moriwaki wrote:
NAPA121 wrote:

Oh you know me....single lanes covered in gravel in the middle of nowhere ! Loco would have loved it...NOT Wink

rolling on the floor laughing rolling on the floor laughing rolling on the floor laughing
NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMMST (well the last couple of days)

Fri/Sat - 2 day rideout to Wales with lovely twisty dry roads at a decent pace...750 miles..Numb bum on Sunday....

Today - Brands GP....Lovely dry weather and i'm really starting to get the hang of this trackday malarkey

What you guys been up to?
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMMST... the thought that tomorrow I'll be on a ferry to Spain. FTLOY Very Happy Kneedown

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMMST... the thought that tomorrow I'll be on a ferry to Spain. FTLOY Very Happy Kneedown

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great time in Scotland Very Happy

Loco

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moriwaki wrote:
Had a great time in Scotland Very Happy

Looks... Nice Shocked not jealous at all .....

(PS how the hell do you get on and off that thing?)
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off on my travels again in the morning Cool This time off to France for a weeks tour with Lil Mush. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 1521, 1522, 1523  Next
Page 1522 of 1523

Jump to: