BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things That Have P#@*ed Me Off Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1084, 1085, 1086 ... 1102, 1103, 1104  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taz wrote:
MrE wrote:
alpine stylee zig zag road ... i forsee a long weekend break in the furture Cool

That'll be Ziz Zag hill on the outskirts of Shaftsbury then

got it in one fella ...shaftesbury is where our head office is located and zig zag hill is at cann common on the B3081

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIJi68HbWeQ
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
Taz wrote:
MrE wrote:
alpine stylee zig zag road ... i forsee a long weekend break in the furture Cool

got it in one fella ...shaftesbury is where our head office is located and zig zag hill is at cann common on the B3081

Last time I went there (with GT/Redrat and a few others) the suface was shit, have they redone it?

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
MrE wrote:
Taz wrote:
MrE wrote:

Last time I went there (with GT/Redrat and a few others) the suface was shit, have they redone it?

a lot of the roads around the area appear to have been resurfaced and i found myself wishing i had the bike rather than the van but the zig zag itself i found was not horrendously broken up but not perfect either around the outer edges , i suspect it tends to break up rather quickly with rain water running across it at every downpour and the constant stresses of braking downhill sections and hard accelerating uphill must accelerate the break down of the surface......to put in a comparison id say its on par with the camber bends surface at this time.
Taz
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
biggus wrote:
MrE wrote:
Taz wrote:
MrE wrote:

a lot of the roads around the area appear to have been resurfaced and i found myself wishing i had the bike rather than the van but the zig zag itself i found was not horrendously broken up but not perfect either around the outer edges , i suspect it tends to break up rather quickly with rain water running across it at every downpour and the constant stresses of braking downhill sections and hard accelerating uphill must accelerate the break down of the surface......to put in a comparison id say its on par with the camber bends surface at this time.

Only been up it once on the bike, spent a weekend in somerset recently and the roads are worse than up this kneck of the woods. IE full of loose gravel dressing, someone wants shooting for using the shite.
Willz
Cyclist
Cyclist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned up to do my mod 2 at Burgess hill and turns out there was a mistake with the booking and the test center had no record of me booking my test with them, even though the DSA managed to bill me and I have a confirmation letter. Re-booked for Wednesday now. Rolling Eyes
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willz wrote:
Turned up to do my mod 2 at Burgess hill and turns out there was a mistake with the booking and the test center had no record of me booking my test with them, even though the DSA managed to bill me and I have a confirmation letter. Re-booked for Wednesday now. Rolling Eyes

Oh how annoying Sad

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
MrE wrote:
biggus wrote:
MrE wrote:
after a week of working in the west country am glad to be home....i swear to god the nhs are using it on the drivers as a testing ground for prozac and valium, i mean ffs i witnessed a tractor pull out on a car from a feild and then actually manage to pull away from it under acceleration.
national speed limit roads and they drive along them at 35-40mph.....on the up side i think i may have found some of the best roads in the country, great surfaces endless twisties and eeven a mini alpine stylee zig zag road ... i forsee a long weekend break in the furture Cool

Did you see Nosnowking plucking a banjo on his porch? Smile

musta given up on the banjo and taken up mud wrestling .....squeal little piggy squeal

rolling on the floor laughing

rolling on the floor laughing but very, very disturbing...
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WPMOT. Well not today, just generally, why do people buy/rent houses next to pre existing noisy places and then complain about the noise..? Like for example... Donnington... 1 airport, 1 motorway, 2 major A roads, & Donnington Park circuit. Would they live downwind of a sewage works and then complain about the smell?

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
why do people buy/rent houses next to pre existing noisy places and then complain about the noise..?

You should try working for NetworkRail! But to be fair, the railway has only been there since the 1840s Rolling Eyes .
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimBo wrote:
biggus wrote:
why do people buy/rent houses next to pre existing noisy places and then complain about the noise..?

You should try working for NetworkRail! But to be fair, the railway has only been there since the 1840s Rolling Eyes .

Indeed.

There's no accounting for a complete lack of common sense.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Flintstone
Del Boy Deer Hunter
Del Boy Deer Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I bought a Landrover freelander secondhand and it came with a years AA 5 Star Dealer Care Extended Guarantee. In my opinion this is a load of crap and not worth shit. I found I have play on the anti-roll bar bush and checked the booklet to see if it was covered. Under the section 'Steering and Suspension' it lists the anti-roll bar. So I phoned up to enquire about a claim, seems the anti-roll bar is covered but not the bushes. I can't see how the bar will ever fail unless you total the car, it's only the bushes that are ever changed. Evil or Very Mad
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flintstone wrote:
Last year I bought a Landrover freelander secondhand and it came with a years AA 5 Star Dealer Care Extended Guarantee. In my opinion this is a load of crap and not worth shit. I found I have play on the anti-roll bar bush and checked the booklet to see if it was covered. Under the section 'Steering and Suspension' it lists the anti-roll bar. So I phoned up to enquire about a claim, seems the anti-roll bar is covered but not the bushes. I can't see how the bar will ever fail unless you total the car, it's only the bushes that are ever changed. Evil or Very Mad

Guess bushes are considered wear & tear items like tyres & brake pads etc? Annoying none-the-less Sad

Not sure about the freelander, but on older Land Rovers (defender/county/discovery etc), the thing to do was to rebush the suspension with Polypropylene bushes.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Flintstone
Del Boy Deer Hunter
Del Boy Deer Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My nephew even removed them so it could articulate over rocks. Laughing
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flintstone wrote:
My nephew even removed them so it could articulate over rocks. Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNybnRkj-MY Cool Laughing

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WPMOT. I'm likely not to be paid because Natwest/RBS are incompetent wankers.

Bet the f*cking boss eyed, inbred, fagged at Eton, old school tie, pinstripe wearing, red-braced ming mongs that run it still get their bonuses paid on time.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

boudicas
Kermit
Kermit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Bet the f*cking boss eyed, inbred, fagged at Eton, old school tie, pinstripe wearing, red-braced ming mongs that run it still get their bonuses paid on time.

Call it intuition or just a gut feeling but........... Are you upset at all Duncan?

Hide behind sofa

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanky VAG door locks and thieving pikey mechanics! Almost certain I am 1/4 a tank of fuel down from when I dropped my car off at the garage today. Can't prove it though, but the little shits were more interested in changing the tyres on their 1 litre corsa than fixing my car. And they didn't fix it.

I have had very,very few good experiences with mechanics (apart from two very notable exceptions: SouthernSpeed, and Keith Dube in Sunbury) and tbh I'll be fucked if I'll take any machinery to one again if it's a job I can do myself.
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
Wanky VAG door locks and thieving pikey mechanics! Almost certain I am 1/4 a tank of fuel down from when I dropped my car off at the garage today. Can't prove it though, but the little shits were more interested in changing the tyres on their 1 litre corsa than fixing my car. And they didn't fix it.

I have had very,very few good experiences with mechanics (apart from two very notable exceptions: SouthernSpeed, and Keith Dube in Sunbury) and tbh I'll be fucked if I'll take any machinery to one again if it's a job I can do myself.

But you can't do it can you and neither can they Poke Laughing behind hand

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tusky wrote:
nosnowking wrote:

But you can't do it can you and neither can they Poke Laughing behind hand

Done it now! Razz and a damn sight better job than the drilling and grinding they had suggested.

Checked the trip meter today and I reckon they did about 40 odd miles in my car whilst they had it. Some rather spirited road testing I do believe...
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WPMOT.......finding out that the Halifax are a thieving cunch of bunts...
when we first bought our property as ignorant youfs i decided that despite a slightly higher rate id take thier house insurance contents bricks and mortar etc as part of the package giving me 1 payment ...all sorted ...taadahh.
over the years we saw it rise higher and higher and last year questioned it only to have an employee say ok we will lower it ......this week we got an offer in the post £200 cheaper per year....did an online quote and sure enough ....same offer....rang them up and the young girl on the line tells us yes you have unlimited insurance ...( the kinda thing you take out for a mansion) but to reduce it, last year the accidental was removed to lower the premium ....WTF Twisted Evil
told em.....best you find out why ive paid somewhere around £3.5k over the odds in the past 18 yrs and do something about it or your about to see something alopng the lines og the PPI scandel pop up in the papers.
check your policy folks !
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
WPMOT.......finding out that the Halifax are a thieving cunch of bunts...
when we first bought our property as ignorant youfs i decided that despite a slightly higher rate id take thier house insurance contents bricks and mortar etc as part of the package giving me 1 payment ...all sorted ...taadahh.
over the years we saw it rise higher and higher and last year questioned it only to have an employee say ok we will lower it ......this week we got an offer in the post £200 cheaper per year....did an online quote and sure enough ....same offer....rang them up and the young girl on the line tells us yes you have unlimited insurance ...( the kinda thing you take out for a mansion) but to reduce it, last year the accidental was removed to lower the premium ....WTF Twisted Evil
told em.....best you find out why ive paid somewhere around £3.5k over the odds in the past 18 yrs and do something about it or your about to see something alopng the lines og the PPI scandel pop up in the papers.
check your policy folks !

I more than HALVED my house insurance this year by shopping around. Like you I'd taken the insurance out at same time as my mortgage and simply forgotten about it. The amounts they have charged over the years is scandalous tbh...

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
Done it now! Razz and a damn sight better job than the drilling and grinding they had suggested.

you torched it then? Smile

nosnowking wrote:
Checked the trip meter today and I reckon they did about 40 odd miles in my car whilst they had it. Some rather spirited road testing I do believe...

trouble is you'd be hard pushed to prove it Sad

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone's buying new bikes. I haven't bought a new bike in well over a year. Nearly 18 months. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.

Anyone got a shitty old VFR they wanna get rid of? Laughing behind hand
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WPMOT: Going into the Red through wages not going in and mortgage and other things going out. All thanks to ShatWest. what a w***er

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
WPMOT: Going into the Red through wages not going in and mortgage and other things going out. All thanks to ShatWest. what a w***er

e-mail recieved from our company says all shatwest banks have had problems over the past few days and no one will recieve any charges for going over drawn in a case of thier errors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1084, 1085, 1086 ... 1102, 1103, 1104  Next
Page 1085 of 1104

Jump to: