BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things That Have P#@*ed Me Off Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1099, 1100, 1101, 1102, 1103, 1104  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flintstone
Del Boy Deer Hunter
Del Boy Deer Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAPA121 wrote:
biggus wrote:
Flintstone wrote:
I've done a lot of thinking lately and have decided that I'm going to sell my bike during the summer, and will give up biking for good. I've lost interest due to changes in my personal life and when I do go out there are hardly any national speed limits and too many 30 limits. Crying or Very sad

Know what you mean Fred Crying or Very sad I've found the recent culls of nationals really annoying too. Sad times Sad

Each to their own I suppose...I certainly don't think that the few national speed limit sign downgrades warrants giving up biking....

I couldn't give up biking as it has become such an integral part of my life... Especially over something as trivial and generic as the national speed limit.

If I am honest I don't understand it Fred but then I rarely do understand things which is why I smile a lot.... Ignorant Bliss Laughing

The speed limit reductions was the last straw, along with the increase in traffic, I could pass all of the traffic and make good progress on a 125. Perhaps I should try a small capacity bike ?
NAPA121
Mini Moto racer
Mini Moto racer

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flintstone wrote:
NAPA121 wrote:
biggus wrote:
Flintstone wrote:
I've done a lot of thinking lately and have decided that I'm going to sell my bike during the summer, and will give up biking for good. I've lost interest due to changes in my personal life and when I do go out there are hardly any national speed limits and too many 30 limits. Crying or Very sad

Know what you mean Fred Crying or Very sad I've found the recent culls of nationals really annoying too. Sad times Sad

Each to their own I suppose...I certainly don't think that the few national speed limit sign downgrades warrants giving up biking....

I couldn't give up biking as it has become such an integral part of my life... Especially over something as trivial and generic as the national speed limit.

If I am honest I don't understand it Fred but then I rarely do understand things which is why I smile a lot.... Ignorant Bliss Laughing

The speed limit reductions was the last straw, along with the increase in traffic, I could pass all of the traffic and make good progress on a 125. Perhaps I should try a small capacity bike ?

Give it a go....better than giving up IMHO.
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather rain Wet start to my camping weekend at Donington Evil or Very Mad
Tango
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moriwaki wrote:
Weather rain Wet start to my camping weekend at Donington Evil or Very Mad

Not looking to bad for the rest of the weekend though Wink
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why me again?!?!?!

Had the first service done on the Ten at the dealer last week, 80 miles later I realise the front axle pinch bolts haven't been tightened. In fact, one was only 2-3 turns away from falling out.

T****s, F*****s, Ar****les.

Evil or Very Mad
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
Why me again?!?!?!

Had the first service done on the Ten at the dealer last week, 80 miles later I realise the front axle pinch bolts haven't been tightened. In fact, one was only 2-3 turns away from falling out.

Evil or Very Mad

Surely that should have been checked on the PDI and then subsequently on the first service.

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
Why me again?!?!?!

Evil or Very Mad

Doh! I told Barb she needed to do it 10 turns and not 7 Twisted Evil

Lucky you spotted it, I take it that you will be dishing out some biffs at the dealers? Confused

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
Why me again?!?!?!

Evil or Very Mad

This kind of thing is EXACTLY why no other Cnut removes my wheels etc anymore! I should create holy hell with them. A local multi franchise delete 'serviced' windys old z750 a few years back. She popped into me on the way back for a cuppa and mentioned she was being pinged out of the seat at every bump.... The chain was like a bow string. If me or Tusky had ridden it it would most likely have snapped.

Unfortunately with main stealers you never know whether your £70per hour is going to get the 17year old yts lad or a contentious chap of many years.

As bob says begs the question of pdi since they would probably not have been touched at first service which is just an oil change. Nothing more really. For all their faults every triumph I've bought has been covered with blue chalk dots to indicate fasteners have been checked.

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tango

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tusky wrote:
nosnowking wrote:
Why me again?!?!?!

Evil or Very Mad

Doh! I told Barb she needed to do it 10 turns and not 7 Twisted Evil

Lucky you spotted it, I take it that you will be dishing out some biffs at the dealers? Confused

Thats not funny tusky could have been serious ....

rolling on the floor laughing you bad man ..... Laughing
Sink the pink
Sink the pink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powerbronze.... Fitting hugger to explorer, put it all together and was tightening the bolts that go through the shaft drive and into the sliding part of the brake caliper when I felt the threads give way. Have taken it apart again and the threads on the caliper have stripped. Rang Jack lilley Triumph to find that a replacement caliper is £400+ but the carrier bolts should only be tightened to 40Nm. The instructions from Powerbronze state 68Nm. Have rang Powerbronze and await their reply.
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one assumes youll get a nice reply stating that their installation is a guide only and you should always refer to the vehicle manufacturers instructions when carrying out wokrs to your vehicle or get a qualified mechanic to do the work for you. but GLWT
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazy horse wrote:
Powerbronze.... Fitting hugger to explorer, put it all together and was tightening the bolts that go through the shaft drive and into the sliding part of the brake caliper when I felt the threads give way. Have taken it apart again and the threads on the caliper have stripped. Rang Jack lilley Triumph to find that a replacement caliper is £400+ but the carrier bolts should only be tightened to 40Nm. The instructions from Powerbronze state 68Nm. Have rang Powerbronze and await their reply.

is there enough meat for a time-sert or helicoil repair?

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad 'thinking' I had put the side stand down on MM's KTM earlier when I clearly hadnt Doh!

biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V wrote:
Sad 'thinking' I had put the side stand down on MM's KTM earlier when I clearly hadnt Doh!

Oops... You ok? Confused

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
V wrote:

Oops... You ok? Confused

Pride only thing dented, thank you for asking

I laid her down gently when I went past the point of no return, my leg and boot saved it from really touching the deck Laughing
MM was there to help lift it up and re align the gear leaver (and witness me being a twit)

Had had a lovely ride up to that point Embarrassed

biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V wrote:
biggus wrote:
V wrote:

Oops... You ok? Confused

I laid her down gently when I went past the point of no return, my leg and boot saved it from really touching the deck Laughing
MM was there to help lift it up and re align the gear leaver (and witness me being a twit)

So long as you're ok!

Did he get the picked tank sorted in the end?

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

Tusky
Pie Dipper
Pie Dipper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
V wrote:
biggus wrote:
V wrote:

Oops... You ok? Confused

So long as you're ok!

Did he get the picked tank sorted in the end?

Hmmm.... Wish I was a girl...... Sad

All I get is a YOU COCK text from you when it happens to me Laughing

All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
crazy horse
Sink the pink
Sink the pink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e-mail from powerbronze....
Dear Mr Horse,

Further to our discussion this afternoon, could you please send me a brief statement regarding the fitting of your hugger ?

We have a development meeting tomorrow afternoon and I would like to have this information so that I can take it to this meeting.

Kind Regards,

Richard Padwick

Sales Office Assistant
JimBo
Pedantic Cnut
Pedantic Cnut

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
So long as you're ok!

+1

Tusky wrote:

Yeah, but it was funny when you did it Very Happy
The gentlest lay down I've ever seen.
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tusky wrote:
Hmmm.... Wish I was a girl...... Sad

And well deserved Very Happy Laughing

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flash, Flash, 14 day wait Sad FFS

www.bigguspicus.co.uk

V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Flash, Flash, 14 day wait Sad FFS

me too but he didnt flash, just stood there with camera on tripod Crying or Very sad
(may have even just been checking tax)

was doing around 39 in a 30 so may get lucky

moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only did the Tuono break down in Scotland, I've just discovered that while it was being relayed home, some bright spark thought it was a good idea to strap the bike down off the sport rack ! This has now been bent down and spent all, or part, of the trip rubbing on the tail fairing. Twisted Evil I now have two parallel lines if scratches, 1/4" wide, along the top of the bodywork FFS !!
Bloody bike is cursed. Evil or Very Mad
V
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is dreadful waki, guess the AA person wasn't too clued up when it comes to transporting bikes! When the CBR came back from goodwood on a truck (hole in rad) the guy had no idea about straps and paint work.

New rack and rear fairing needed. As beutiful as the bike is it does seem ill fated Crying or Very sad

Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stupid employees at mcdonalds...and stupid me for not being a little more aware of what has been an on going procedure since forever.
walked out of a kitchen last night onto a restaurant lobby ...slip slip feet up head back "CRACK" head meets tiled floor ....plenty of the red stuff and guaranteed headache, precautionary ambulance as insisted by the restaurant manager ( who is shitting himself as no wet floor signs were used) high BP ( tell me something I didn't know lol) had the ambulance crew suggesting I attend a hospital .....no KO, no dizziness, no feeling of queasiness ambulance report says minor laceration , ....gracefully refused hospital on the promise that any ill feeling and I shall seek assistance at the local hospital asap.
Rookie mistake by me closing time means wet floors ..end of ...shouldn't need a firkin sign to tell me but a sign certainly would have been a reminder.
now awaiting impending headache and bump to bonce Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1099, 1100, 1101, 1102, 1103, 1104  Next
Page 1100 of 1104

Jump to: