BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Boots for me Bandit

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tango
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom


Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 5854
Location: Looking for a + 10 @ Rising :-0

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: New Boots for me Bandit Reply with quote

Any suggestions .... sport touring ..

Looking at ContiRoadAttack 2 ... anyone tried them Question
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New Boots for me Bandit Reply with quote

Tango wrote:
Any suggestions .... sport touring ..

Looking at ContiRoadAttack 2 ... anyone tried them Question


Think PJDJ has them on his CB1300....
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 1907

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't tried the conti, but I was talking to a guy at the weekend who was singing the praises of the Pilot Road 3 on his BMW 1200. He reckoned he got 6000 miles out of the rear tyre.

I just reckon he didn't twist the throttle hard enough Laughing behind hand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 1429

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

started with avon azaros on mine then switched to pilot 2s and loved em ....now use them on the 14 ( thats when im not running metzlers racetech 3s from a british superbike Laughing )
_________________
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ninjabob
Nuggetmeister
Nuggetmeister


Joined: 27 Sep 2004
Posts: 3352
Location: 48.066895,12.862673

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadsmart 2
_________________
"Those who understand compound interest are destined to collect it.

Those who don't are doomed to pay it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wivvy
GrandCnut
GrandCnut


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 10928

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigh! black ones! they're all the same!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tango
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom


Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 5854
Location: Looking for a + 10 @ Rising :-0

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wivvy wrote:
sigh! black ones! they're all the same!


Wish the price was !
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
PJ_DJ
Son of Athos
Son of Athos


Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 3179
Location: Da Cronx

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: New Boots for me Bandit Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Tango wrote:
Any suggestions .... sport touring ..

Looking at ContiRoadAttack 2 ... anyone tried them Question


Think PJDJ has them on his CB1300....


I've got the Conti Motions which I love, these are supposed to be the newer even better tyres. I won't be going beack to Bridgestone having had a set of the motions Cool
_________________
Anything you say may be taken down and used as evidence in a court of law, or boxhill forum!!

The only reason I'm fat is because everytime I f&*ked your mum she gave me a biscuit!

You're Never Alone With Schizophrenia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tango
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom


Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 5854
Location: Looking for a + 10 @ Rising :-0

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New Boots for me Bandit Reply with quote

PJ_DJ wrote:
biggus wrote:
Tango wrote:
Any suggestions .... sport touring ..

Looking at ContiRoadAttack 2 ... anyone tried them Question


Think PJDJ has them on his CB1300....


I've got the Conti Motions which I love, these are supposed to be the newer even better tires. I won't be going beack to Bridgestone having had a set of the motions Cool


Booked in for conti road attack 2s .. as has been said prob most decent tires are much of a muchness, but got a price I was happy with Cool

All about confidence I quess, have to agree Bridgestone and Pilot roads just dont inspire me, but then again thats just my oppinion.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 1269
Location: Pound Hill Crawley, West Sussex

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had them both, Conti Road and Conti Motion, Motion was a lot better and smoother the the conti road and lasted a at least 1000miles more.. check this out for price:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300603742261?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
_________________
The road to success is always under construction.
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits He's lost?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also an offer on Dunlop Qualifier II's through May/June for 25 fuel voucher - check with your supplier.
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group