BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> New to the Box Hill forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JimmyGallows
Pedestrian
Pedestrian


Joined: 09 May 2012
Posts: 14
Location: Sutton

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all I really appreciate the support, my test centre is Erith so I'm over over there at around 7 tomorrow. I'll post up tomorrow night how it went. Cheers again all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 1269
Location: Pound Hill Crawley, West Sussex

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmyGallows wrote:
Thanks all I really appreciate the support, my test centre is Erith so I'm over over there at around 7 tomorrow. I'll post up tomorrow night how it went. Cheers again all.


Good luck mate, remember to relax and JRFT Smile
_________________
The road to success is always under construction.
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits He's lost?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
JimmyGallows
Pedestrian
Pedestrian


Joined: 09 May 2012
Posts: 14
Location: Sutton

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well how Fu**ed off am I? 1mm of clutch to let out, a split second too late and the boot heard around the world touches the test pad Tarmac!! Cardinal sin! Did I continue I hear you ask? Yes I did finished the test with only 3 minors just to pour salt in the wound lol but who's to say if I'd have made the slalom I wouldn't have cocked up elsewhere instead lol thanks for all your support on here folks! Most appreciated, gotta make a phone call Sunday and get it all rebooked! Not giving up! The ride over to and back from Erith were much better for me though everything is getting smoother and flowing better (I think) but hey as I'm told 20 year bike veterans are still learning everyday so I've got a ways to go yet, now if only I could find a 125 to practice on!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 1269
Location: Pound Hill Crawley, West Sussex

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmyGallows wrote:
Well how Fu**ed off am I? 1mm of clutch to let out, a split second too late and the boot heard around the world touches the test pad Tarmac!! Cardinal sin! Did I continue I hear you ask? Yes I did finished the test with only 3 minors just to pour salt in the wound lol but who's to say if I'd have made the slalom I wouldn't have cocked up elsewhere instead lol thanks for all your support on here folks! Most appreciated, gotta make a phone call Sunday and get it all rebooked! Not giving up! The ride over to and back from Erith were much better for me though everything is getting smoother and flowing better (I think) but hey as I'm told 20 year bike veterans are still learning everyday so I've got a ways to go yet, now if only I could find a 125 to practice on!!


No worries mate, lost of people here have failed first time, sometimes the nerver get the better of us!! keep on trying and you'll get there... keep practicing on a 125 and take the test on a 500 much easier Posh Bird did it and loved it!! Good luck next time.
Cheers
_________________
The road to success is always under construction.
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits He's lost?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
JimmyGallows
Pedestrian
Pedestrian


Joined: 09 May 2012
Posts: 14
Location: Sutton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

My next lot of DAS begins tomorrow at 6am sharp! Anyone riding or driving between cheam & burgess hill tomorrow morning spare a thought for us and don't sit up our arses! Unlike a Beamer driver the other week in catford! Anyway no longer doing a restricted test and looking forward to passing!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

JimmyGallows wrote:
My next lot of DAS begins tomorrow at 6am sharp! Anyone riding or driving between cheam & burgess hill tomorrow morning spare a thought for us and don't sit up our arses! Unlike a Beamer driver the other week in catford! Anyway no longer doing a restricted test and looking forward to passing!


Gluck Smile
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 1269
Location: Pound Hill Crawley, West Sussex

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

[quote="JimmyGallows"]My next lot of DAS begins tomorrow at 6am sharp! Anyone riding or driving between cheam & burgess hill tomorrow morning spare a thought for us and don't sit up our arses! Unlike a Beamer driver the other week in catford! Anyway no longer doing a restricted test and looking forward to passing![/quote] Thumbs up

Good Luck Mate!
_________________
The road to success is always under construction.
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits He's lost?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Willz
Cyclist
Cyclist


Joined: 05 May 2012
Posts: 40
Location: Reigate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

JimmyGallows wrote:
My next lot of DAS begins tomorrow at 6am sharp! Anyone riding or driving between cheam & burgess hill tomorrow morning spare a thought for us and don't sit up our arses! Unlike a Beamer driver the other week in catford! Anyway no longer doing a restricted test and looking forward to passing!


Are you taking your mod 1 at Burgess hill tomorrow morning? I'm down there around 9ish for mine, aswell as my mod 2, fingers crossed it's not to wet. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

Willz wrote:
JimmyGallows wrote:
My next lot of DAS begins tomorrow at 6am sharp! Anyone riding or driving between cheam & burgess hill tomorrow morning spare a thought for us and don't sit up our arses! Unlike a Beamer driver the other week in catford! Anyway no longer doing a restricted test and looking forward to passing!


Are you taking your mod 1 at Burgess hill tomorrow morning? I'm down there around 9ish for mine, aswell as my mod 2, fingers crossed it's not to wet. Smile


Really can't be any wetter than my ride home just now!! Rain God Good luck to you both and keep it smooth in the wet
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 1907

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

JimmyGallows wrote:
My next lot of DAS begins tomorrow at 6am sharp! Anyone riding or driving between cheam & burgess hill tomorrow morning spare a thought for us and don't sit up our arses! Unlike a Beamer driver the other week in catford! Anyway no longer doing a restricted test and looking forward to passing!


Good luck...and reeeeelllaaxxxxxx! Very Happy

And don't worry about wnaker Beemer drivers, they are a dying breed...most of the proper cnuts have since bought Audis Laughing behind hand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
And don't worry about wnaker Beemer drivers, they are a dying breed...most of the proper cnuts have since bought Audis Laughing behind hand


How are you enjoying the A4?

Hide behind sofa

Smile
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

Willz wrote:
JimmyGallows wrote:
My next lot of DAS begins tomorrow at 6am sharp! Anyone riding or driving between cheam & burgess hill tomorrow morning spare a thought for us and don't sit up our arses! Unlike a Beamer driver the other week in catford! Anyway no longer doing a restricted test and looking forward to passing!


Are you taking your mod 1 at Burgess hill tomorrow morning? I'm down there around 9ish for mine, aswell as my mod 2, fingers crossed it's not to wet. Smile


Hope you're not affected by this? http://www.dft.gov.uk/news/stories/dsa-news-20120531/
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 1907

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
nosnowking wrote:
And don't worry about wnaker Beemer drivers, they are a dying breed...most of the proper cnuts have since bought Audis Laughing behind hand


How are you enjoying the A4?

Hide behind sofa

Smile


I'll have you know I drive a very sedate skoda Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
biggus wrote:
nosnowking wrote:
And don't worry about wnaker Beemer drivers, they are a dying breed...most of the proper cnuts have since bought Audis Laughing behind hand


How are you enjoying the A4?

Hide behind sofa

Smile


I'll have you know I drive a very sedate skoda Wink


it's part of the appropriately named "VAG" group is it not? Laughing
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 1907

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Once more into the breach dear friends! Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
nosnowking wrote:
biggus wrote:
nosnowking wrote:
And don't worry about wnaker Beemer drivers, they are a dying breed...most of the proper cnuts have since bought Audis Laughing behind hand


How are you enjoying the A4?

Hide behind sofa

Smile


I'll have you know I drive a very sedate skoda Wink


it's part of the appropriately named "VAG" group is it not? Laughing


Touché... Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JimmyGallows
Pedestrian
Pedestrian


Joined: 09 May 2012
Posts: 14
Location: Sutton

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well attempt 3 is on Monday @ farnborough. Don't ask what happened in the last one my nerves got the better of me an I made more mistakes between the exercises than actually doing them plus the wind was insane, felt like I was being blown all over the test pad (no excuse I know but it's my only one lol) so on Monday I need to keep my nerves in check and get through it. The most frustrating thing is knowing I can do all the exercises and my nerves getting the better if me. Fingers crossed I'll be ok, got some rescue remedy to help me stay calm. Thanks all for your support can't wait to be on the road!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmyGallows wrote:
Well attempt 3 is on Monday @ farnborough. Don't ask what happened in the last one my nerves got the better of me an I made more mistakes between the exercises than actually doing them plus the wind was insane, felt like I was being blown all over the test pad (no excuse I know but it's my only one lol) so on Monday I need to keep my nerves in check and get through it. The most frustrating thing is knowing I can do all the exercises and my nerves getting the better if me. Fingers crossed I'll be ok, got some rescue remedy to help me stay calm. Thanks all for your support can't wait to be on the road!


Good luck. Patience is a virtue. Easy to say, but try to relax Smile
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 1907

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck for today. Let us know how it went Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
Good luck for today. Let us know how it went Very Happy


I'm with
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit


Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Posts: 2987
Location: Bletchingley, Surrey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
nosnowking wrote:
Good luck for today. Let us know how it went Very Happy


I'm with


+1 - Take care mate and take it slow. You'll look back when you pass and wonder what all the fuss was about.
_________________
Opinions are like assholes...... Ahhh Fcuk it - YOUR WRONG !!!

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> New to the Box Hill forums All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group