BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Girls can ride bikes...

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> New to the Box Hill forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rainbowgold
Pedestrian
Pedestrian


Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Girls can ride bikes... Reply with quote

Hi there I used to be a regular visitor to Box hill and was also a female professional racer and photo journalist for a number of magazines, including FB and Bike and have also featured in MCN. I am now selling some of my most precious and unique motorcycle gear.. and have just put an ad on Classifieds for my leathers, helmets, boots and gloves so if you're looking for some professional gear, do go look!

I was flown out to Italy to the Dainese factory for them to make the first girls made to measure leathers, so these are totally unique and lovely.

Quick question though do they still have a noticeboard at Boxhill to put bike gear photos on to sell? Is this the best place to sell, any advice would be great.

Miss biking loads, especially racing, track days and enjoying this weather, but currently expecting my second child, so not a good hobby for me at the moment...


Last edited by rainbowgold on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Girls can ride bikes... Reply with quote

Hello & Welcome Cool

rainbowgold wrote:
Quick question though do they still have a noticeboard at Boxhill to put bike gear photos on to sell? Is this the best place to sell, any advice would be great.


Yes they do, ask Kelly or Karen in Rykas, or anyone in there in fact.

rainbowgold wrote:
currently expecting my second child, so not a good hobby for me at the moment...


Get a stretch panel in the front of the leathers? Exclamation Very Happy

Congratulations btw Spit the dummy
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rainbowgold
Pedestrian
Pedestrian


Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, much appreciated. I'll pop down with photos when I get a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pic... Cool -->>


_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
summerman
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 1269
Location: Pound Hill Crawley, West Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and Welcome
_________________
The road to success is always under construction.
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits He's lost?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3


Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 14655

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
Nice pic... Cool -->>



+1

And no knee down silliness either..... 2 Thumbs up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darkdreamsgal
MotoGP Racer
MotoGP Racer


Joined: 14 Aug 2009
Posts: 2074
Location: Wimbledon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wivvy's dad wrote:
And no knee down silliness either..... 2 Thumbs up

Nothing wrong with a bit of knee down Very Happy
_________________
Baby Biker Babe!

"You must be a lawyer"
"What makes you say that?"
"You've got that sharp, useless look about you"

Yes, they are, and no, you can't Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wivvy's dad wrote:
biggus wrote:
Nice pic... Cool -->>



+1

And no knee down silliness either..... 2 Thumbs up


Cue Mike Hailwood reference... Wink Smile

Depending on who you believe, or what you read, invention of "knee down" is credited in various places to various different people, including Jarno Saarinen, Paul Smart, & Kenny Roberts.
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3


Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 14655

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:
wivvy's dad wrote:
biggus wrote:
Nice pic... Cool -->>



+1

And no knee down silliness either..... 2 Thumbs up


Cue Mike Hailwood reference... Wink Smile

Depending on who you believe, or what you read, invention of "knee down" is credited in various places to various different people, including Jarno Saarinen, Paul Smart, & Kenny Roberts.


Following on from that, how many motorcyclists now wave a leg around going into a corner? Now that was started in MotoGP by a certain Mr Rossi I do believe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nosnowking
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 1907

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wivvy's dad wrote:


Following on from that, how many motorcyclists now wave a leg around going into a corner? Now that was started in MotoGP by a certain Mr Rossi I do believe.


Yep, knees sticking out all over the place! Laughing behind hand



Welcome to the forum!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31747
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nosnowking wrote:
wivvy's dad wrote:


Following on from that, how many motorcyclists now wave a leg around going into a corner? Now that was started in MotoGP by a certain Mr Rossi I do believe.


Yep, knees sticking out all over the place! Laughing behind hand



Welcome to the forum!


rolling on the floor laughing

"Roll over lay down"


_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3


Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 14655

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we properly hijacked this thread yet?


Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rainbowgold
Pedestrian
Pedestrian


Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so.... !

Glad my photo is causing some discussion. Should have put my sand racing one up there...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wivvy's dad
Cabbage club member #3
Cabbage club member #3


Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Posts: 14655

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainbowgold wrote:
I think so.... !

Glad my photo is causing some discussion. Should have put my sand racing one up there...


Nooooooooooooo.....!

Don't post the sand racing shots - that get's the young 'uns really excited - and then it's a devil of a job to get 'em to sleep

Welcome BTW
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> New to the Box Hill forums All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group