BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday 16th Sep-Ride It Right - Haslemere Fire Station

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Events & runs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Sunday 16th Sep-Ride It Right - Haslemere Fire Station Reply with quote

Great show & for anyone who's not been, it's worth attending. Unfortunately, I personally cannot this time.
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home


Last edited by biggus on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit


Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Posts: 2987
Location: Bletchingley, Surrey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis highly likely I'll be going on the Fury with the Mrs. Hope I bump into some boxhill peeps down there
_________________
Opinions are like assholes...... Ahhh Fcuk it - YOUR WRONG !!!

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChoccieMuffin
World Superbike Racer
World Superbike Racer


Joined: 06 Nov 2006
Posts: 1849
Location: Guildford

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I have a bike again, how can I resist taking those loud pipes through the underpass!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 4076
Location: Stuck in the middle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those planning on going, take note that the Tour of Britain cycle race is taking place in, and around, Surrey on Sunday. Stage starts in Reigate and heads along the A25 to Albury then through Guildford, Old Woking, West Horsley, Cranliegh, Dunsfold, Chiddingfold and back to Guildford for the finish.
More info....
http://www.tourofbritain.com/_ns_race/default.asp?section=stage8_start
_________________
Just call me Waki.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 1429

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moriwaki wrote:
For those planning on going, take note that the Tour of Britain cycle race is taking place in, and around, Surrey on Sunday. Stage starts in Reigate and heads along the A25 to Albury then through Guildford, Old Woking, West Horsley, Cranliegh, Dunsfold, Chiddingfold and back to Guildford for the finish.
More info....
http://www.tourofbritain.com/_ns_race/default.asp?section=stage8_start
sounds like the perfect excuse to avoid the area and do a camber run
_________________
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 4076
Location: Stuck in the middle.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was going to watch the Tour of Britain, but have decided to head to Haslemere instead. Smile Plan to arrive just after 10.00....check out what's on and grab a bite to eat from the hog roast Very Happy Meet other peeps there hopefully. Cool
_________________
Just call me Waki.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit


Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Posts: 2987
Location: Bletchingley, Surrey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moriwaki wrote:
Was going to watch the Tour of Britain, but have decided to head to Haslemere instead. Smile Plan to arrive just after 10.00....check out what's on and grab a bite to eat from the hog roast Very Happy Meet other peeps there hopefully. Cool


Hopefully Sugarplum and I will be there about the same time Waki. With any luck I'll see you then Smile
_________________
Opinions are like assholes...... Ahhh Fcuk it - YOUR WRONG !!!

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 4076
Location: Stuck in the middle.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boudicas wrote:
moriwaki wrote:
Was going to watch the Tour of Britain, but have decided to head to Haslemere instead. Smile Plan to arrive just after 10.00....check out what's on and grab a bite to eat from the hog roast Very Happy Meet other peeps there hopefully. Cool


Hopefully Sugarplum and I will be there about the same time Waki. With any luck I'll see you then Smile

Thumbs up
_________________
Just call me Waki.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Tango
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom
Sicknote - The Prophet Of Doom


Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 5854
Location: Looking for a + 10 @ Rising :-0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Bike ........... Crying or Very sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump* this is today.
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 1429

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

posted on facebopok by a vendor

"Over at Haslemere with the Survival Skills road show... but bit of a disappointing turnout to be honest... "

hope it picks up for them
_________________
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
boudicas
Kermit
Kermit


Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Posts: 2987
Location: Bletchingley, Surrey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrE wrote:
posted on facebopok by a vendor

"Over at Haslemere with the Survival Skills road show... but bit of a disappointing turnout to be honest... "

hope it picks up for them

Disappointing? It was totally shite !!!!

I've been to this event and its sister event (Ready To Ride) every year since I started riding.

Every year there was a great turn out and some usefull stuff to learn and buy. But this year....

Sugarplum and I got there at about 11:30 and had a quick walk around. There were actually more vendors etc than people visiting. Lots of goodies on show mind but no atmosphere so we left after about 20 mins.

TBH.... The left it so late to post it on here that I thought it wasn't happening. (The post only went up on the forum 9 days ago and its usually posted up just after the Ready to Ride event they hold in April.) That and the fecking bikes that were all over the place made it a not very pleasant ride down either Sad
_________________
Opinions are like assholes...... Ahhh Fcuk it - YOUR WRONG !!!

Read my Blog at www.mrboudicas.blogspot.co.uk

See my Videos and hear my rants at www.youtube.com/BoudicasUsefulStuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moriwaki
Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 4076
Location: Stuck in the middle.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was second bike there at five past ten ! Shocked Had a stroll around after i'd eaten a late breakfast bacon roll, and not alot to see really that i've not seen before. Sad Stayed around for a while before heading home.....believe i past Boudicas on the A3 on his way to Milford.
Top marks for the guys at Haslemere for arranging the event, hopefully things picked up later in the day.
_________________
Just call me Waki.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> Events & runs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group