BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index BoxHill.co.uk
Boxhill Community Forum
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HG go into administration

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 1429

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: HG go into administration Reply with quote

As of 09.30 this morning Hien Gerick is now in the hands of the administrators who have seized all property within the stores.
The Buyer who strpped in earlier this year has pulled out leaving the chain trading at a loss hence admin being called in. Rumour has it another buyer is in the pipeline.
Staff were not informed and had no idea until admin walked into the stores at 0930 staff have also not been paid since november.
_________________
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad R.I.P.
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
acid drop
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider


Joined: 08 Oct 2008
Posts: 210

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that all things like this happen around Christmas ,I feel for the staff.
_________________
If it aint broke don't fix it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hooky
Despatch Rider
Despatch Rider


Joined: 09 Nov 2009
Posts: 209

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sad news Ive had loads of Hien Gerick kit over the years. Such bad news for all their staff just before Christmas.
_________________
Gods Not Talking To Me..!! Ive Been Bad.!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bacon
baconŠ Lil Mush
baconŠ Lil Mush


Joined: 04 Jul 2009
Posts: 1637
Location: "In a microclimate"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is proper shite for the staff, personally I think they should be paid first Sad
_________________
Comfortably Numb

WooHoo, feck you job centre...I'm offski?

"One man can't make a riot, a one man riot is a tantrum"!

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From J&S Accessories Facebook page:

"J&S Accessories Ltd are pleased to announce that we have acquired 12 Hein Gericke sites. These will be launched as J&S Accessories stores from January. The sites are as follows: Aberdeen, Braintree, Farnborough, Gants Hill, Glasgow, Hanger Lane, Leeds, Leicester, Maidstone, Oxford, Preston and Stockwell. All details of the store openings will be up on our website/social media as soon as we have confirmed dates."
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 1429

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

various outlets have kindly stepped up and stated they will honour any HG gift card including js accessories ( al;though JS appear to offer the worst deal.
2 other i know of are
Bowens in chatham
Groombridges in tunbridge
_________________
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnage wrote:
various outlets have kindly stepped up and stated they will honour any HG gift card including js accessories ( al;though JS appear to offer the worst deal.
2 other i know of are
Bowens in chatham
Groombridges in tunbridge


Groombridges offer:
http://boxhill.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27490

The "offers" are indicative of the struggles all retailers are having... everyone wants the loyal HG customers to become their loyal customers... J&S have taken by far the biggest gamble by taking on all those premises, I hope they can make it work.

HG lost their way a little. Their kit was still usually good quality and value but they lost some key brands like Kriega and Ventura when they got in bed with Oxford for luggage. I'm reading between the lines but I suspect that Oxford helped them out in a previous struggle with an exclusivity clause. I may be wrong of course. ...
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carnage
British Superbike Racer
British Superbike Racer


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 1429

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggus wrote:

HG lost their way a little. Their kit was still usually good quality and value but they lost some key brands like Kriega and Ventura when they got in bed with Oxford for luggage. I'm reading between the lines but I suspect that Oxford helped them out in a previous struggle with an exclusivity clause. I may be wrong of course. ...


cant argue with that mate sounds about right
_________________
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
biggus
illitterātus
illitterātus


Joined: 21 Aug 2004
Posts: 31748
Location: Hotel California

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://britishdealernews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/news-chinese-investors-buy-hein-gericke.html
_________________


www.bigguspicus.co.uk

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't

There are II types of people in the world: those who understand Roman numerals and those who don't.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxHill.co.uk Forum Index -> General Off Topic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group